Inspections, audits and checklists are used by various industries and organizations to keep within compliance. Safesite has its own library of templates to choose from, your inhouse Admins can also add or create Organization specific or MY ORG inspections for personnel to access via the Safesite Mobile App.
Use the steps below to Conduct an Inspection via the Safesite Mobile App.
1. Open the Safesite app on your mobile device, if you have action cards displayed select the "Conduct Inspection" tile or select the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the screen.
The screen will redirect to the the New Safety Action screen.
2. Select Conduct Inspection.
3. Select the appropriate Project, or create a new one if needed.
Note: This window only displays if you have multiple Projects in your organization.
Once selected, you will be brought to the New Inspection page.
4. Select a location for the inspection. You can choose a location from the popup list, use the search bar at the top to narrow down the results, or create a new location entirely.
5. Select an Inspection Template. A popup list will display a list of inspection templates. Choose the appropriate template from the list, or use the search bar to narrow down your options.
6. Complete the template questions. Once you select a template, the page will be populated with questions. These questions will usually be framed as criteria checks for the inspection subject, and can be answered with a multitude of options. Below select the checkmark button for "Yes" or "Satisfactory", the X button for "No" or "Unsatisfactory", or the N/A button if the question is not applicable for the current inspection.
Selecting the ✔ enables you to Add Observation, see adding an OBSERVATION article.
Selecting X enables you to add a HAZARD, see adding a HAZARD article.
NA will move you on to the next question.
Note: You can have additional actions required for a question see list below.
Here are some alternate options for possible questions:
Safe / Unsafe / NA
Pass / Fail / NA
Yes / No / NA
Note: These are optional the system will guide you to complete these answers in the event they are applicable to the question.
Some additional optional actions are based upon negative answer types:
Actions optional - Additional actions are optional
If Negative - Requires Observation
If Negative - Requires Hazard
If Negative - Requires Photo
If Negative - Requires Comment
7. Tap Complete Inspection at the bottom of the screen to complete and add the inspection to the system once all the questions have been completed.
For more information on "conducting an inspection" click here to watch our video tutorial.