Inspections, audits, and checklists are used by various industries and organizations to keep within compliance.
Safesite has its own library of templates to choose from, your Org Admins and Project Admins can also add or create Organization-specific or MY ORG inspections for personnel to access via the Safesite Mobile App.
Watch this video on how to conduct an Inspection:
In this article:
How to Conduct an Inspection via the Safesite Mobile App
1. Open the Safesite app on your mobile device, if you have action cards displayed select the Conduct Inspection tile or select the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the screen.
The screen will redirect to the New Safety Action screen.
2. Select Conduct Inspection.
3. Select the appropriate Project, or create a new one if needed.
Note: If you are not a Project Admin or an Org Admin, you will not be able to create a new project under your organization.
Once the project is selected, you will be brought to the Conduct Inspection page.
4. Select a location for the inspection. You can choose a location from the popup list, use the search bar at the top to narrow down the results, or create a new location entirely.
5. Select an Inspection Template. A popup list will display a list of inspection templates. Choose the appropriate template from the list, or use the search bar to narrow down your options.
6. Complete the template's questions. Once you select a template, the page will be populated with questions. These questions will usually be framed as criteria checks for the inspection subject and can be answered with a multitude of options.
Below select the checkmark button for "Yes" or "Satisfactory", the X button for "No" or "Unsatisfactory", or the N/A button if the question is not applicable for the current inspection.
Selecting the ✔ or X enables you to Add an Observation, a Hazard, or a comment.
NA will move you on to the next question.
Note: You can have additional actions required for a question see list below.
Here are some alternate options for possible questions:
Safe / Unsafe / NA
Pass / Fail / NA
Yes / No / NA
Some additional optional actions are based upon negative answer types:
Actions optional - Additional actions are optional
If Negative - Requires Observation
If Negative - Requires Hazard
If Negative - Requires Photo
If Negative - Requires Comment
7. Tap Complete Inspection at the bottom of the screen to complete and add the inspection to the system once all the questions have been completed.
Note: You are not able to edit inspections once they are completed.
If additional details need to be added before the completion of an inspection, save it as a draft instead by clicking the “X” at the top right and select “Yes, Save for later”.
Accessing Inspection Reports via the Safesite Mobile App
Safesite mobile users can review and export inspection reports through the SafetyHQ section in the mobile app.
Navigate to SafetyHQ
Select a Project if prompted to do so
You are able to filter inspections by the date range, whether they are Open or Closed, Person, or Type of Inspection.
You can send a PDF of an inspection to anyone inside or outside of your organization by entering valid email addresses after selecting the Export button.